Printech Archive
Re: Linotype lead fonts, health

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 19:43:00 CDT

Jeanett:

Some information on this topic was discussed previously on the Printech
listserv and has been archived at
<http://www.pneac.org/listserv/printech/9704/index.html#Linotype>.

Bob

> From: JM161271@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 20:33:18 EDT
> Subject: Using of old Linotype Machines w/lead
>
> I own a company in San luis Potosi , MEXICO that still uses lead in old
> linotype machines.
>
> I want to find anyone who could provide me w/ info regarding the
> purchase of
> new fonts for these old machines and also w/ information on health
> issues
> regarding the use of lead.
>
> Jeanett Medina

* Robert Gifford
* Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center (SHWEC), and
* Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center (PNEAC)
* 610 Langdon Street rm 531
* Madison, WI 53703
* (608)262-1083 Voice (608)262-6250 Fax
* gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu