Printech Archive
Linotype lead fonts, health

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 19:33:14 CDT

Forwarded from a new subscriber with an old machine:

From: JM161271@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 20:33:18 EDT
Subject: Using of old Linotype Machines w/lead

I own a company in San luis Potosi , MEXICO that still uses lead in old
linotype machines.

I want to find anyone who could provide me w/ info regarding the
purchase of
new fonts for these old machines and also w/ information on health
issues
regarding the use of lead.

You can contact me at

502 493 0902

Jeanett Medina
* Robert Gifford
* Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center (SHWEC), and
* Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center (PNEAC)
* 610 Langdon Street rm 531
* Madison, WI 53703
* (608)262-1083 Voice (608)262-6250 Fax
* gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu