Printech Archive
Small Business Innovative Research Program

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 16:30:25 CDT

I thought some Printech users might be interested in this
announcement re. research money for small businesses. If you have an
innovative idea re. waste/emission reduction that needs a little
money to test feasibility, this might be a good
opportunity.
-Wayne

<owner-announce@envirosense.com>
>To: announce@envirosense.com
>
>The following is a broadcast announcement concerning one or more
>funding opportunities sponsored in whole or in part by EPA's National
>Center for Research and Quality Assurance (NCERQA).
>
>1999 Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Program
>New RFA Announcement Posted as of September 17, 1998:
>
>1999 Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Phase I
>
>The objective of this solicitation is to increase the incentive and
>opportunity for small businesses to undertake cutting edge,
>high-risk, or long-term research that has a high potential payoff if
>the research is successful. This solicitation, issued under the SBIR
>Program established by the Small Business Innovation Development Act
>of 1982, is designed to strengthen the role of small businesses in
>federally funded R&D and help develop a stronger national base for
>technical innovation.
>
>This solicitation invites small business firms to submit research
>proposals to conduct feasibility related experimental research to
>determine the preliminary commercialization potential of proposed
>efforts in the following areas: pollution prevention, urban
>infrastructure rehabilitation, environmental monitoring and
>analytical technologies and pollution control technologies applicable
>to: drinking water treatment; municipal and industrial wastewater;
>storm water; indoor air and indoor air pollution emissions; solid and
>hazardous wastes, contaminated sites, toxic and ozone depleting
>substances and greenhouse gas emissions. Technologies featuring
>conservation, reuse, recycling, increased efficiencies, and waste
>minimization are of special interest.
>
>EPA anticipates the award of approximately 30 to 50 firm-fixed-price
>SBIR Phase I contracts of up to $70,000. The period of performance
>for these contracts is typically 6 months. Successful completion of
>Phase I contracts allows small businesses to compete for larger Phase
>II efforts (up to $295,000 and a period of performance of two years).
>
>Closing Date: November 19, 1998.
>
>This solicitation is available in HTML and PDF formats on the NCERQA
>Web site at URL: http://www.epa.gov/ncerqa/
>See specifically http://es.epa.gov/ncerqa/sbir/99sbir.html

Wayne P. Pferdehirt, P.E., AICP
U. of Wis., Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon Street, Room 532, Madison, WI 53703-1195
Phone: 608/265-2361 Fax: 608/262-6250
pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu