Printech Archive
Re: Reported Odors from UV Offset Printing

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 09:45:49 CDT

Follow-up message re. an earlier inquiry from the Netherlands.
-Wayne
-------
Forwarded Message Follows -------From: Marcel Mennen
<Marcel.Mennen@rivm.nl> To: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Cc: Pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu, rhartwig@printing.org
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:47:26 +0200
Subject: Re: Reported Odors from UV Offset Printing

Dear Gary,

Sorry for my late response, but I broke my wrist 10 days ago so I was
not able to work for a few days. I have now made a short report
summarizing all the information we have gathered by literature
searches and email correspondence (unfortunately, this report is in
Dutch). We still haven't found out what causes the bad odour
(according to the literature study there are several possibilities)
and we will probably take an air sample and analyse it with GC/MS as
soon as the local authorities have decided to let us do it (they have
to pay for it). I will send you a summary (in English) of the results
of our study, including literature and measurement results, after we
have finished all the work.

Best wishes,

Marcel Mennen