Printech Archive
Re: CO2 Cleaning in Printing?

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 11:39:18 CDT

This message is forwarded on behalf of Jim Hadley

Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:27:33 -0500
From: Jim Hadley <jhadley@ci.lincoln.ne.us>
To: printech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Re: CO2 Cleaning in Printing?

Jeff:

A printer that I visited had two questions about the CO2 cleaning system
that you tested.

1. Does it include a vacuuming device near (or around) the blasting
nozzle to suck-up particles of dry ink and keep them from contaminating
the rollers etc. with dust.

2. Did the CO2 cleaning system prove useful for cleaning dried-on ink in
and around the ink fountains.

Thanks for your assistance.

--Jim Hadley

Jeff Adrian wrote:

> Re: CO2 Cleaning in Printing? 8/5/98
> Gary & Printech'rs
>
> We ran tests on CO2 cleaning systems at our facility last week. Areas of presses cleaned included 1) press side frames; 2) delivery gripper bars; 3) transfer cylinder grippers; 4) very difficult-to>
> We were impressed with the trials to say the least. Cost justification is easy when you consider how long it would take to do these cleaning tasks by hand. The equipment costs are $10,500 for a sma>
> Our pressmen were so impressed, I almost believe we could have taken up a "collection" to buy the equipment! Ours is on order.
>
> Hope this is useful.
>
> Regards, Jeff Adrian
> The John Roberts Company

Jim Hadley, PE
Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department
3140 "N" Street
Lincoln, Nebraska 68510-1514

voice: 402-441-6235
fax: 402-441-8323
email: jhadley@ci.lincoln.ne.us
http://interlinc.ci.lincoln.ne.us/InterLinc/city/health/environ/pollu/index.htm

Robert Gifford
Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center, and
Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension
Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon St., rm 531
Madison WI, 53703
Voice: 608-262-1083 Fax: 608-262-6250
email: gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu