Printech Archive
Re: CO2 Cleaning in Printing?

From: deggleston@osp.ca.gov
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 13:31:31 CDT

     We evaluated the potential here several years ago and determined that
     it definitely would be a potential improvement over liquid solvents
     due to the elimination of the flammable or toxic properties and
     reduced physical effort, but its application must be carefully planned
     due to the effects on the inside atmosphere. Carbon dioxide will
     displace oxygen in the air, and if used in sufficient quantities, can
     create an oxygen-deficient atmosphere where used. Do to the nature of
     our building environmental control system, we might not be able to
     exhaust the CO2 fast enough if we tried to clean our heatset
     presslines at one time (every Friday night or Saturday morning). Just
     something to consider.