Printech Archive
CO2 Cleaning in Printing?

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 16 1998 - 18:33:54 CDT

Forwarded from the GPP listserv.
(My apologies to GPP/Printech dual subscribers for the repeat.)

 Anita Singh wrote:

> Lew Felleisen, U.S. EPA Region 3, posed the following question to me
today, and I thought this would be a good question for Printech:

> Is CO2 Cleaning being used to clean rolls in the printing industry?
CO2 Cleaning is used in the drycleaning industry and auto shops.

> Please respond to the listserve with your comments. Thanks --anita
> singhani@state.mi.us

Anthony Star wrote:
 A quick correction. CO2 is not yet used by the drycleaning industry.
 Several companies are hard at work building the first CO2 drycleaning
 machines, but they are not yet commercially available, and there is no
 real-world performance data on the process. Hopefully the first
machines
 will be up and running later this year.
 -Anthony
 --
 Anthony Star
 Center for Neighborhood Technology

* Robert Gifford
* Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center (SHWEC), and
* Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center (PNEAC)
* 610 Langdon Street rm 531
* Madison, WI 53703
* (608)262-1083 Voice (608)262-6250 Fax
* gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu