Printech Archive
Re: Persistent Toxic Chemicals Used in Litho

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 02 1998 - 11:58:10 CDT

Jim,
I suggest you review the publication, "Federal Environmental
Regulations Potentially Affecting the Commercial Printing Industry,"
EPA744B-93-003. You can access this from the PNEAC Web site, at
http://www.pneac.org/sheets/all

In particular, I suggest you check the Appendices, which have lists
of chemicals that are used by some printers and are subject to
various TRI, EPCRA, CERCLA and Clean Water Act.

-Wayne

> From: Jim Farmer <jfarmer@bmts.com>
> To: "'pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu'"
> <pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu> Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998
> 20:41:05 -0400
>

> Has anyone put together a comprehensive list of persistant toxic
> chemicals that are used in lithographic printing? I know several
> groups are working on this. Any progress to report?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Jim Farmer

Wayne P. Pferdehirt, P.E., AICP
U. of Wis., Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon Street, Room 532, Madison, WI 53703-1195
Phone: 608/265-2361 Fax: 608/262-6250
pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu