Printech Archive
Re: Rag Program

From: Judy Zaczkowski (judy@envisioncompliance.com)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 09:11:28 CST

Hi Tim:

There's a company called Maratek that has equipment for on-site recycling of
shop towels where the solvent is recovered and the towels laundered. Their
number is (800) 667-6272 or (905) 857-2738. I think Mr. Andrew Maxwell could
talk with you about some options.

Judy Zaczkowski
Envision Compliance Ltd.
judy@envisioncompliance.com

----------
> From: TimanShell <TimanShell@aol.com>
> To: Printech@great-lakes.net
> Subject: Rag Program
> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 20:05:10 EST
>
> I am looking for some thoughts on a rag reclamation program, where we
would
> purchase a few months supply and ship out and have them cleaned and
returned.
> I am in the process of researching this with our current waste company, so
> it's not as much as where I do it, but how feasible it is. One of our
major
> concerns revolves around the fact that we believe that the rag & rug
service
> we now use washes our solvent rags and the wash ends up in the is that
solvent
> and all ends up in the sewer!! Is this a normal process for the rag &
rug
> people? Are they doing the "right" thing, or just looking the other way?
Any