Printech Archive
Re: Rag Program

From: Jim Hadley (jhadley@netinfo.ci.lincoln.ne.us)
Date: Thu Apr 02 1998 - 09:29:19 CST

Tim:

Uniservice, a linen service in Lincoln, Nebraska, trucks its print and
auto shop towels to & from Brent Industries (800-741-4568) for
dry-cleaning/solvent recovery. The price per rented rag is about 50%
higher, but printers here find the dry-cleaned rag to have less lint.

Another printer here is considering purchasing on-site recovery
equipment (centrifuge/distillation) from Maratek (www.maratek.com).
However, beware of making an investment in recovery equipment that only
works for 100% VOC cleaning solvents, since you may later find a lower
VOC blanket or roller wash that is acceptable to you.

We have put a fact sheet and list of less volatile balnket wash venders
on our website, comments and additions are welcome.
http://interlinc.ci.lincoln.ne.us/InterLinc/city/health/environ/pollu/blankt2b.htm

Jim Hadley, PE
Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department
3140 "N" Street
Lincoln, Nebraska 68510-1514

voice: 402-441-6235
fax: 402-441-8323