Printech Archive
Re: Ozone Question

From: DScott123A (DScott123A@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 21 1998 - 00:41:17 CST

I Think you misunderstood my question. I don't remember how I worded it. I
was not interested in ozone as a pollutant. I realize that the FDA considers
concentrations greater than .05 PPM to be hazardous for humans for prolonged
exposure. Ozone is a safe oxidizing and purifying agent when used in
concentrations less than this. It oxidizes organic gases, etc., and is used
in some purifying systems. I sell air purification products residential and
commercial and am looking for sales leads.
     In addition to prevention methods it seems air purification is greatly
needed in many workplaces especially the printing industry. I have approached
a couple of printers and have been met with denial that there is a problem,
even though there are distinct odors of solvents and other VOC's, and in one
T-shirt operation I visited a problem with particulates. Many of the
employees are concerned with the situation but are unwilling to be whistle
blowers. Some are unaware of any health threat. I'm not sure how hard OSHA
or the EPA or whatever gov't agency is working to detect and correct such
problems. I think perhaps many of the owners or in denial of any "problem"and
not worried about liability issues or compliance with regulations they may be
breaking. I'd prefer to deal with those who are concerned and willing to take
measures to prevent and control hazardous air quality conditions. Your
comments and suggestions would be appreciated. DWS