Printech Archive
Solvent Recovery Technology

From: Debra Kramer (kramer@cmcusa.org)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 11:37:04 CST

The following is an inquiry from a printer who posted a question from the PNEAC web site. I have replied to the originator, but would like to hear everyone else's thoughts on this topic. Please reply to the listserv and I will forward your responses to the originator.

Deb Kramer

--------------------------------------------Question:---------------------------------------------
What is today's standard solvent recovery procedure in the flexographic industry? Where can I get more specific information about this item?

Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 1998 11:33 AM

In response to your question re/ solvent recovery in the flexo industry - the type of recovery equipment depends on the size of the plant. There are several common options which include a small bench top vapor distillation unit up to wet carbon bed recovery systems or dry carbon bed recovery systems which would be utilized by large flexo printing facilities. These are just a couple examples. I will query some other printing professionals to see if they have additional input.

Best regards, and thank you for visiting the PNEAC web site.

Deb Kramer

Debra Kramer
Waste Management & Research Ctr. - IL DNR
(PNEAC)
3333 W. Arthington
Chicago, IL 60624
773/265-2036