Printech Archive
Re: Fixer carryover into wash

From: Jeff Adrian (jeffadrian@johnroberts.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 07:37:18 CST

Tim:

The best way I know to attack this problem is with a "WaterMiser"
recirculation unit. We have used these for some time and have found they have
proven very successful. In fact, so successful, that we are no longer
required to have a wastewater permit for our discharge to the local POTW! Though
there is some cost to these units, they seem worthwhile to us.

Jeff Adrian
The John Roberts Company

TimanShell wrote:
>I am look for some information on how to treat the wash water in our
film
>processor. We have been working the last few months on reducing the
silver
>content of our fixer unit, and through silver recovery and 2 Ion
exchange
>units have brought our levels from 26 to .8 ppm. But a new problem has
>occured, we are carrying over into our wash tank and testing at 7ppm.
Local