Printech Archive
Re: Treatment of Wastewater for Reuse; Flexo Printer

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 05 1998 - 07:01:29 CST

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 22:56:34 -0800
From: "Tracy Nickelsburg (804) 977-1498, extension 26"
               <tnickelsburg@am.earthtech.com>
Subject: Re: Treatment of Wastewater for Reuse
To: "Wayne P. Pferdehirt, P.E." <pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu>
Cc: HENRY BOYTER <HBOYTER@am.earthtech.com>,
               JOHN WALENTEN-Charlottsville <JWALENTEN@am.earthtech.com>

Mr. Pferdehirt,

For removal of the bacteria from the pretreated wastewater without
introducing other compounds to interfere with the paste makeup, we
recommend evaluating high intensity in-line UV, nanofiltration, or a
combination of the two. Residual color in the treated wastewater may
impede the effectiveness of the UV treatment.

Recently, we designed a pretreatment system for a corrugated box
flexogrphic printing operation. In addition, our office has worked
closely with the textile industry on similar water reuse issues in
dyeing operations. Earth Tech has considerable experience in the
design of industrial and municipal wastewater treatment systems, and
our full service treatability laboratory enables efficient evaluation
of potential treatment technologies.

While our recent flexogrphic printing project did not incorporate
water reuse, I will fax a brief summary outlining the pretreatment
system to you for your information. Please feel free to contact me if
we can be of any service.

Regards,

Tracy Nickelsburg
Earth Tech, Inc.