Printech Archive
Re: Unused inventory as Haz Waste?

From: Frantz-ENV, George (George.Frantz@state.ma.us)
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 08:13:43 CST

Interesting info on the inventory issue...

Could you clarify whether this inventory catagorization as "waste" after 1
year is a convention, a haz/waste rule (40 CFR), standard guidance from chem
mfrs or what. I had never heard of this before, altho I can understand the
desire to prevent indefinite storage of materials which actually should be
designated as waste.

Thanks to you and Gary for the information.

George Frantz MA/OTA 617-727-3260 x631