Printech Archive
Re: Parts washer for ink trays

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 15 1997 - 14:19:48 CST

Neill,
Be sure to check out and pass along the DfE case study of solvent
reduction and reuse at John Roberts. This is available via the PNEAC
Web site at http://www.pneac.org/sheets/all, or
via the PNEAC Fax -Back System at 1-888-US-PNEAC. Either way, it's
PNEAC document 1570.

-Wayne

> I am working with a printer who would like to invest in a centrifuge
> to recover solvent from rags. I also suggested they consider buying
> a parts washer for their ink trays, to allow them a good way to
> reuse the solvent they recover. Does this suggestion make sense?

Wayne P. Pferdehirt, P.E., AICP
U. of Wis., Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon Street, Room 529, Madison, WI 53703-1195
Phone: 608/265-2361 Fax: 608/262-6250
pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu