Printech Archive
Parts washer for ink trays

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 15 1997 - 12:19:29 CST

This message forwarded on behalf of Neil Kolwey of Colorado

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 14:37:25 -0700
From: NEIL KOLWEY <nkolwey@smtpgate.dphe.state.co.us>
To: printech@great-lakes.net
Subject: parts washer vendors

I am working with a printer who would like to invest in a centrifuge to
recover solvent from rags. I also suggested they consider buying a parts
washer for their ink trays, to allow them a good way to reuse the solvent
they recover. Does this suggestion make sense? If so, I need the names of a
few vendors of parts washers suitable for cleaning ink trays from a 40-inch
press. Are there some available with filters to extend the useful life of
the solvent?

Neil Kolwey
neil.kolwey@state.co.us
(303)692-3309
Robert Gifford
Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center, and
Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension
Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon St., rm 531
Madison WI, 53703
Voice: 608-262-1083 Fax: 608-262-6250
email: gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu