Printech Archive
Re: Availability of Alternative Heating Element

From: Vittorio E. Malvezzi (malvezzi@mbox.vol.it)
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 12:25:17 CST

Robert Gifford wrote:

> This message forwarded on behalf of "EADC Lab" <EADC@ise.ufl.edu>,
> since this address is not subscribed to the list, please CC it in
> any responses.

> > From: "EADC Lab" <EADC@ise.ufl.edu>
> > To: printech@great-lakes.net
> > Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 17:38:59 EST5EDT
> > Subject: Availability of Alternative Heating Element
> >
> > I am a student at the University of Florida Industrial Assessment
> > Office. We have recently preformed an audit for a company that
> > produces evelopes. These are coated with glue and then passes by a
> > series of quartz heating elements, which are very expensive to
> > operate. Would any gas elements be safe for this process? How
> > about electric or gas infrared or UV heating elements?
> Robert Gifford
> Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center, and
> Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension
> Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
> 610 Langdon St., rm 531
> Madison WI, 53703
> Voice: 608-262-1083 Fax: 608-262-6250
> email: gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu

I know as usual way to dry wet glue a IR device. I do not know about a
way to use the UV system and it would be very interesting for me. Does
anybody else know about it ?
Vittorio

--
vittorio e.malvezzi/ vmm srl - since 1864 printing & ...
I-20144 milano/ via bergognone 7/ ph.+39-2-48011995/ fax+39-2-4818667

--------------B9F6B897237722EF9A79A148--