Printech Archive
Alternative for spray plate-back adhesive

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 09:31:24 CST

This message is forwarded on behalf of Dan Cyr.

From: MR FLATTOP <MRFLATTOP@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 09:17:04 EST
To: printech@great-lakes.net
Subject: alternative for spray adhesive

I am looking for a substitute for spray adhesive for preventing plate
slipping and stretching.

We are using AGFA's Setprint for about 60% of our work and the mounting
assembly on our duplicators has proven inadequate for consistent
registration. The material is .006 thick polyester and the headclamp won't
hold it well enough. If we punch the plate to run like an aluminum plate,
the holes tend to stretch too much. Applying spray adhesive to the back of
the plates has eliminated most of the problem. It can be applied quickly
and evenly to the plate so it doesn't slow production or negatively affect
the print quality, but we are concerned about the press operator's exposure
throughout the day.

Is there an adequate substitute for the spray, or perhaps a better solution
to the slipping/stretching problem?

Dan Cyr
Portage Printing
1116 W. Centre Ave.
Portage, MI 49024-5318
616/323-9333
616/323-1518 FAX
mrflattop@aol.com
Robert Gifford
Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center, and
Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension
Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon St., rm 531
Madison WI, 53703
Voice: 608-262-1083 Fax: 608-262-6250
email: gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu