Printech Archive
Availability of Alternative Heating Element

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 01 1997 - 09:58:01 CST

This message forwarded on behalf of "EADC Lab" <EADC@ise.ufl.edu>,
since this address is not subscribed to the list, please CC it in
any responses.

> From: "EADC Lab" <EADC@ise.ufl.edu>
> To: printech@great-lakes.net
> Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 17:38:59 EST5EDT
> Subject: Availability of Alternative Heating Element
>
> I am a student at the University of Florida Industrial Assessment
> Office. We have recently preformed an audit for a company that
> produces evelopes. These are coated with glue and then passes by a
> series of quartz heating elements, which are very expensive to
> operate. Would any gas elements be safe for this process? How
> about electric or gas infrared or UV heating elements?
Robert Gifford
Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center, and
Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension
Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon St., rm 531
Madison WI, 53703
Voice: 608-262-1083 Fax: 608-262-6250
email: gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu