Printech Archive
Re: Recycling Printer Cartridges

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 16:28:14 CST

Another message from
the P2Tech listserv:
-Wayne

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:54:43 -0500
From: DANA ARNOLD <ARNOLD.DANA@epamail.epa.gov>
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Re: Recycling Printer Cartridges

Michael Heimbach wrote:
"Thanks for the info. I did not know that laser toner cartridges had
ASTM standards."

Sorry if I misled you about specs for toner cartridges. I' m not
aware of ASTM specifications for remanufactured toner cartridges. The
U.S. GSA has a specification for remanufactured toner cartridges.
King County, Washington also has a good purchasing specification for
remanufactured toner cartridges. You can visit King County's web site
at www.metrokc.gov/oppis/recyclea.html.

At this time, U.S. GSA has just begun to consider whether a
specification should be developed for remanufactured ink jet
cartridges. This item is available to federal agencies from GSA's New
Item Introductory Schedule only. It is not part of the stock program
or the regular schedule program.

Dana Arnold
Municipal & Industrial Solid Waste Division
U.S. EPA
arnold.dana@epamail.epa.gov

Wayne P. Pferdehirt, P.E., AICP
U. of Wis., Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon Street, Room 529, Madison, WI 53703-1195
Phone: 608/265-2361 Fax: 608/262-6250
pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu