Printech Archive
Re: Heatset Web Offset Dryer Smoking

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 18:02:25 CST

There was a similar discussion in Printech in March of 97.
There may be some similarities.
It is archived at
<http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~gifford/printech/9703/index.html#NoSmoke>

> I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of opacity problems (excessive smoke) from a press dryer.
> If anyone has could you tell me what was the source of the problem and what was in the smoke (was it made up of primarily water vapor or VOCs)?

* Robert Gifford
* Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
* 610 Langdon Street rm 531
* Madison, WI 53703
* (608)262-1083 Voice
* (608)262-6250 Fax