Printech Archive
Re: Zinc in Water Based Coating Waste

From: Debra Kramer (kramer@cmcusa.org)
Date: Wed Nov 12 1997 - 09:39:50 CST

----------
From: Jerry Brown

Naturally, material substitution is best. If that can be done, the problem is solved.

If not, additional information is needed. Preliminary questions would include:
1) What is the discharge limit for zinc?
2) Is there any existing pre-treatment done to the wastewater, including pH adjustment?
3) What budget has been established (capital on operating) to deal with this problem?

Other printers would have the same four options that are listed in the original posting. The only question to be answered is what is the best solution for this specific facility.