Printech Archive
Re: IPA content in fountain solution

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 07:56:40 CST

> Dear colleagues!
>
> Is anybody out there to help me in regard to IPA
> (iso-propyl-alcohole) content in litographic fountain solutions.

Martin,

Another source to check out for some guidance on IPA replacement is
the "Green and Profitable" video training series (4 modules) and
notes. I believe I passed along a set of these when we visited in
Austria. Module 3 and the accompanying notes contain a lot of
information on alcohol reduction.

-Wayne

Wayne P. Pferdehirt, P.E., AICP
U. of Wis., Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon Street, Room 529, Madison, WI 53703-1195
Phone: 608/265-2361 Fax: 608/262-6250
pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu