Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 10:26:59
We are looking to quantify the environmental benefits of lithographic printer involvement in a Canadian ecolabelling program. We are looking for up-to-date industry averages on:
1) water use per million sheets produced?
2) volume of blanket wash used per million sheets?
3) volume of fountain solution used per million sheets? (an average for web methods and sheetfed methods)
4) VOC content of typical blanket wash and typical fountain solution?
5) Proportion of inks used in the industry that contain more than 100 ppm of PB, CD, HG and CR verusus those that contain less than 100 ppm.
6) How much isopropyl conventionally used in lithographic printing sector?
7) Typical effluent levels of silver? Any assistance appreciated.
The data will be used to help the printing industry be recognized for pursuing voluntary environmental achievements.