From: Gary Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:35:41
The easy answer to your question is that there usually is some solvent that is oxidized by the burners in the dryer. The difficult answer is determining how much. Your email does not indicate the results of your capture efficiency testing. While you mention the use of 204B, you don't indicate if it was used in conjunction with either a temporary or permanent total enclosure or from a traditional liquid/gas capture test. In either case, there are several sources of error that can be introduced that would lead to erroneous results.
In response to your original question, it has been my experience that the amount destroyed by the burners is not significant. However, my experience is limited to mostly heatset lithographic operations. The manufacturer of the dryer should have some of this data as it needs to be addressed in the design of the dryer and burner.