Printech Archive, March, 2000
Fountian Solution Consumption Allocation

From: Eggleston, Don (Don.Eggleston@dgs.ca.gov)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 11:03:07 CST

I am looking for methods to account for fountain solution usage among
multiple presses that have a common supply without flow meters. Because the
fountain solution contains volatile organic compounds (VOC's), and because
the presses have individual permit emission limits; we have to be sure that
fountain solution usage if properly allocated. This has just become a
problem because up to this point, each press had it own dedicated fountain
solution supply. We are eventually going to flow meters for each press, but
what can we do in the interim? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I may be contacted directly as follows:
Don Eggleston
Office of State Publishing
Sacramento, California