Printech Archive, February, 2000
Length of Paper on a Roll

From: PNEAC_customer@pneac.org
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 11:55:33 CST

Question: Can anyone give me the equation for determining the length of paper on a roll knowing roll diameter, core diameter, & basis weight (caliper)? Also, my calculations seem to indicate that paper caliper - at least caliper as stated by a paper mill - seems to be compressed within a roll. Anyone have any information on this situation?

Thanks.